The new rugged (Spiral) tool lanyard is a premium tool tethering solution specifically required for demanding and intensive applications. The lanyard provides superior user flexibility, combining (non-memory) expansion properties with swivelling end terminations for improved performance, making this ideally suited to heavy usage (daily) work applications. Optimised reach and coil retraction minimises the likelihood of snagging and tripping associated hazards. The unique reinforced coil design dampens any impact force potentially generated from a dropped tool.
- Lanyard length 44cm long and expands to 1.95M (without connectors)
- Lanyard cable is 7mm in diameter (2.5mm coated steel wire core,
- encapsulated within a protective rubberised synthetic sheath)
- Body consists of 20 ‘non-memory’ coils, reducing expansion fade due to over stretching
- Both ends of the lanyard benefit from a swivel end termination, preventing twisting and
connector failure with intense usage.
- Supplied with 2x 37mm diameter stainless steel rings (4mm bar)
- allowing direct tool attachment via the use of connectors.
- Rings provide for maximum connector selection and configuration options
- Designed, tested and rated for hand tools up to 5kgs (dynamically tested). ‘Product Testing’
- Electrical conductivity and resistivity test*: dry >200 Giga-ohms / wet >200 Giga-ohms
- *Wiring regulations (BS7671). live working hand tools (EN 60900)
- Rugged construction developed for extreme harsh environments and demanding usage
- Each Lanyard has unique (sealed) serial number label for your control and inspection
- Lanyard weight 0.14kgs (without connectors)
- Issued with a ‘declaration of conformity’ product certificate and ‘final Inspection sheet'
All Leading Edge tool tethering products are CE-Approved and manufactured under European Council Machine Directive 2006/42/EC.
Product testing follows artile 11b of the European Council Directive 89/686/EEC in accordance with BS EN 364:1993 — the highest standards already in place for PPE.
All certified Leading Edge products boast a whopping 47x safety factor. We purposefully over engineer our products to have greater resillience than a real wordl scenario would require — this gives them superior in-service lifespan and fully guarantees your safety in daily use.
Declaration of Conformity
Every item that leaves our factory comes with full documentation containing technical specifications, serial numbers, testing methods, working load limits and inspection results proving it has passed all necessary requirements for work at height