(Hex Key) D Shackles have been carefully selected for optimum strength to size ratio configuration in providing two functions. Firstly as a universal connector that is rated to work with all leading edge tool systems, safety lanyards, structurally rated holsters, bag and belt loops etc. Secondly as a tool tether suitable for Spanners or any tools with a shaped head at both ends. Hex key design limits snagging potential and provides extra security.
1- A- 10mm, B 20mm (standard shank length)
2- A- 13mm, B 25mm (standard shank length)
3- A- 16mm, B 32mm (standard shank length)
4- A- 10mm, B 29mm (long shank length)
5- A- 13mm, B 43mm (long shank length)
6- A- 16mm, B 49mm (long shank length)
- The shackle uses a ‘Hex Key’ screw design to secure and lock
- Made from 316 stainless steel for premium quality
- Provides tool security for the trade professional
- Can be used as a tool tether on tools with a shaped head at both ends
- Rated and tested for hand tools up to 30kgs (dynamically tested).
- Rating using a 47x safety factor: see Product Testing
- Issued with a ‘Declaration of Conformity’ product certificate and ‘Final Inspection’ sheet
- Lanyard weight: 0.01kgs (without connectors)
- Multiple sizes and shapes available to suit users requirements and tool sizing
- Built to withstand the rigors of marine, utility and construction environments
- All Leading Edges tool karabiners and mallions will fit and work with all shackle sizes
- Warning: Only suitable for hand tools (NOT FOR PPE USAGE)
All Leading Edge tool tethering products are CE-Approved and manufactured under European Council Machine Directive 2006/42/EC.
Product testing follows artile 11b of the European Council Directive 89/686/EEC in accordance with BS EN 364:1993 — the highest standards already in place for PPE.
All certified Leading Edge products boast a whopping 47x safety factor. We purposefully over engineer our products to have greater resillience than a real wordl scenario would require — this gives them superior in-service lifespan and fully guarantees your safety in daily use.
Declaration of Conformity
Every item that leaves our factory comes with full documentation containing technical specifications, serial numbers, testing methods, working load limits and inspection results proving it has passed all necessary requirements for work at height