The Cobra MKII is uniquely developed with a cable pull and retractable action resulting in a smooth motion without snatching or locking. Combined with the Cobra MKII reels ergonomic design, it is fitted with as swivel to prevent twisting, making it suitable for a wide range of trades and applications where it is can be used intensively and when quick tool holstering and fast tool draw is required. The Velcro fastening allows the Cobra to be retro-fitted onto harness straps, belts, and scaffolding and MEWP/Scissor lift handrails.
- The unique design using the Velcro fastening arrangement makes this configuration
one of the most versatile of all fitting arrangements
- Suitable for being retrofitted on to harness straps, belts, scaffolding and
MEWP/Scissor lift handrails.
Simply fixing on to plant, handrail etc all of the weight is placed on the anchorage.
The adjustable strap will fit standard handrail sizes and scaffold tubing etc
- Advanced Velcro design features a triple over-lock system providing a very strong
(see ‘Tool Bags & Holsters fixing Options’ page for more info)
- Cobra MKII is designed and engineered to be small and lightweight for a
- Cobra MKII reel is produced in a robust synthetic housing, being better to handle and wear
close to the body,
whilst being extremely durable, tough and easy to clean
- Designed for fast tool pick-up for speed and convenience
- Cobra MKII lanyard length is 1.25m when fully extended (without connectors)
- Rated for small hand tools up to 5kgs (Dynamically tested -
see ‘testing pages’ for more info).
Rating using a 47x safety factor
- Cobra MKII is designed to work with all leading edge tool tethers, belts and holsters
- Individually serialised for clear easy inspection, full traceability and control
- Issued with a ‘Declaration of Conformity’ product certificate and ‘Final Inspection’ sheet
- Combined Weight: 0.19kgs (without connectors)
- Designed, tested and manufactured in our factory in the UK for superior finish and quality
All Leading Edge tool tethering products are CE-Approved and manufactured under European Council Machine Directive 2006/42/EC.
Product testing follows artile 11b of the European Council Directive 89/686/EEC in accordance with BS EN 364:1993 — the highest standards already in place for PPE.
All certified Leading Edge products boast a whopping 47x safety factor. We purposefully over engineer our products to have greater resillience than a real wordl scenario would require — this gives them superior in-service lifespan and fully guarantees your safety in daily use.
Declaration of Conformity
Every item that leaves our factory comes with full documentation containing technical specifications, serial numbers, testing methods, working load limits and inspection results proving it has passed all necessary requirements for work at height