For emergency situations the PED evacuation device quickly and efficiently descends evacuees to a lower level point of safety over distances of either 15 or 33 meters. Once anchored vertically above the escape route, operatives can connect their harnesses or rescue sling via a secure snaphook and release themselves over the edge or barrier to be automatically lowered to the ground.
The descender mechanism boasts EN341 Class C approval but offers phenomenally greater performance because its descent brake gearing complies to Class A regulations; this means it is designed for continuous operation and can complete an indefinite number of descents. To put the superiority of this product into perspective, the overwhelming majority of EN341 compliant descenders are approved to Class D, meaning they are for SINGLE USE ONLY — the PED, in contrast, remains fully reusable throughout the entirety of its service life. (see below for EN341 class specifications)
PREMIUM COMPONENTS. BUILT TO LAST.
With a body constructed out of heavy-duty cast aluminium and precision engineered corrosion-resistant internal components, STAR blocks are built for superior performance and service life. They’re incredibly hard wearing and easily withstand intense daily use in harsh environments – a far cry from the ‘use and replace’ ethos we’ve come to expect from many arrest block manufacturers.
MODULAR DESIGN. EFFORTLESS SERVICING.
By utilising highly optimised sub-modular assemblies the blocks drastically reduce maintenance and service downtime as well as your Total Cost of Ownership.
- Modular designed sub-assemblies & internal parts
- High corrosive resistant internal parts
- Professional industrial gearings
- Designed in the Netherlands
- Manufactured and assembled in the Netherlands by ISO-9001 Quality Management System certified companies
- STAR® - industrial design
- Modular automatic descent-brake
- Descent speed 1.2 m/s (150 kg)
- Very low examination & inspection costs
- Lightweight, robust alu cast housing & modules - powdercoated (15m: 18.7 kg - 41.2 lbs, 33m: 20.9kg - 46.1 lbs rope excl.)
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel & aluminium internal components
- Galvanized steel cable
- Swivable connection eye
- Max. 15 m - 49 ft or 33 m - 108 ft
- Max. 150 kg - 309 lbs
- Min. -40°C/F, max. 55°C - 130°F
- Ergonomic Design-Handle available
Art.nr: R012.015.110 (PED15)
Art.nr: R012.033.010 (PED33)
According European standards EN 341:2011/1C, (US-Standard Z359.14-2012-A pending)
EN341 Descender devices classifications:
- class A: descent energy W up to 7,5 × 106 J;
- class B: descent energy W up to 1,5 × 106 J;
- class C: descent energy W up to 0,5 × 106 J;
- class D: descent energy depends on the maximum height and rated load. FOR SINGLE USE ONLY
Leading Edge is the exclusive UK distributor of Honor safety products
Please note that this product is manufactured to order via an European partner, confirmation of lead times will be given via email once the order has been placed.