For emergency situations the long descent PED evacuation device quickly and efficiently descends evacuees to a lower level point of safety. This version is specifically designed for significant height applications and is capable lowering over a distance of up to 450m. Once anchored vertically above the escape route operatives can connect a harnesses or rescue strop via a secure snaphook and release themselves over the edge to be automatically lowered to the ground.
The device is fully automatic and features a unique 'sea-saw' like mechanism with two connection points - as one rope lowers, the second rope is raised up becoming available for the next evacuee. This makes evacuations faster than a single rope device as it eliminates the time taken to retract the rope.
The descender mechanism boasts EN341 Class A approval capable of continuous operation and an indefinite number of descents at 1.2m per minute based on a 150kg load. To put the superiority of this product into perspective, the overwhelming majority of EN341 compliant descenders are approved to Class D, meaning they are for SINGLE USE ONLY — the PED, in contrast, remains fully reusable throughout the entirety of its service life. (see below for EN341 class specifications)
It also contains two fully independent descent brakes, providing instant backup in the unlikely event that one fails. Not only do they provide 100% percent safety, they also share the load equally, making for a much smoother descent.
* Please Note: If you require a specific length please contact us directly for a quote on 01329-550-121
PREMIUM COMPONENTS. BUILT TO LAST.
With a body constructed out of heavy-duty cast aluminium and precision engineered corrosion-resistant internal components, STAR blocks are built for superior performance and service life. They’re incredibly hard wearing and easily withstand intense daily use in harsh environments – a far cry from the ‘use and replace’ ethos we’ve come to expect from many arrest block manufacturers.
MODULAR DESIGN. EFFORTLESS SERVICING.
By utilising highly optimised sub-modular assemblies the blocks drastically reduce maintenance and service downtime as well as your Total Cost of Ownership.
- Modular designed sub-assemblies & internal parts
- High corrosive resistant internal parts
- Professional industrial gearings
- Designed in the Netherlands
- Manufactured and assembled in the Netherlands by ISO-9001 Quality Management System certified companies
- STAR® - industrial design
- Double, modular, independent automatic centrifugal descent-brakes for extra safety
- Descent speed max. 1.2 m/s (150 kg)
- Very low examination & inspection costs
- Lightweight, robust alu housing & modules - powdercoated (11.1 kg - 24.5 lbs, rope excl.)
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel & aluminium internal components
- Swivable connection eye
- Max. 450 m – 1480 ft descent height
- Lifeline: specific Kernmantel 9.5 mm - EN1891 Type A
- Max. load 150 kg - 331 lbs
- Min. load 30 kg - 66 lbs
- Min. -40°C/F, max. 55°C - 130°F
- Ergonomic Design-Handle available
Art.no: R013.150.000 (MPED450)
Art.no: R060.009.010 (Kernmantel rope)
Art.no: R016.000.501 (Heli-Sling, SS D-ring, EN 1498)
Standard EN 341:2011 type 1 Class-A , US-Standard Z359.14-2012-A pending
EN341 Descender devices classifications:
- class A: descent energy W up to 7,5 × 106 J;
- class B: descent energy W up to 1,5 × 106 J;
- class C: descent energy W up to 0,5 × 106 J;
- class D: descent energy depends on the maximum height and rated load. FOR SINGLE USE ONLY
Leading Edge is the exclusive UK distributor of Honor safety products
Please note that this product is manufactured to order via an European partner, confirmation of lead times will be given via email once the order has been placed.